The British Dental Journal (BDJ) is an international, peer reviewed journal for the dental community, published by Springer Nature on behalf of the British Dental Association. We aim to inform our readers of ideas, opinions, developments and key issues in dentistry – clinical, practical and scientific – to spark interest, debate and discussion amongst dentists of all disciplines.
Why publish with us?
- Established in 1872, we are the flagship journal of the British Dental Association and one of the longest established dental journals in the world.
- We welcome research, clinical and opinion across the field of dentistry, influencing front-line dental practice through our wide clinical readership.
- Our dedicated, responsive, and experienced editorial team guides authors through the publication process.
The 2021 journal citation metrics for British Dental Journal are as follows:
- 2-year Impact Factor* (2021): 2.727
- 5-year Impact Factor* (2021): 2.579
- Immediacy index*: 0.730
- Eigenfactor® score*: 0.00470
- Article influence score*: 0.479
- JCR Rank*: DENTISTRY, ORAL SURGERY & MEDICINE 48/92
- Journal Citation Score*: 0.94
- SNIP: 1.038
- SJR: 0.381