TheracosBio has partnered with the Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company to distribute Brenzavvy.
Brenzavvy (bexagliflozin), an oral sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor, recently received approval for use as an adjunct to diet and exercise to enhance glycemic control in adult type 2 diabetes patients. This significant stride in the diabetes therapy market emanates from the TheracosBio program and is anticipated to lower treatment cost barriers, thereby expanding utilization.
- Brenzavvy, backed by data from 23 clinical trials involving more than 5,000 adults with type 2 diabetes, is now approved.
- The drug is administered as a 20mg tablet, once daily in the morning.
- Renal function and volume status should be assessed before initiating Brenzavvy treatment; it’s not recommended for patients with an eGFR less than 30mL/min/1.732 and contraindicated in dialysis patients.
- A 30-day supply of Brenzavvy is priced at $47.85 plus shipping and handling.
- The launch of Brenzavvy heralds the first phase of TheracosBio’s mission to bring cost-effective novel medications to the US population.
Endocrinology Latest Posts
- Medtronic Sued for Allegedly Sharing ‘Treasure Trove’ of Diabetes Patient Data with Google
- Standards and Ethics Issues in the Determination of Death: A Position Paper From the American College of Physicians
- Cinnamon Improves Blood Sugar Control in Type 2 Diabetes/Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Factors Associated with Circulating Sex Hormones in Men