Unraveling the Mysteries of MRONJ: A Comprehensive Dental Approach
This course offers an in-depth exploration into a pathology that, while rare, has significant impacts on patient health and quality of life. Read on to get a comprehensive understanding of MRONJ, its causes, stages, and prevention strategies.
Nita Singh, DDS and Lauren Surface, PhD developed this course to equip dentists with a comprehensive understanding of MRONJ. With this knowledge, dentists can better identify and manage this devastating pathology, ultimately improving patient care.
- Overview: This course delves into the causes and risk factors for medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (MRONJ), its stages, and prevention strategies.
- Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Target Audience: Dentists
- Learning Objectives: After completing this course, participants should be able to discuss the causes of and risk factors for MRONJ, identify the stages of MRONJ, and list the prevention strategies for this oral pathology.
- Accreditation & Credit Designation Statements: This 2-credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.
MRONJ is a devastating pathology that occurs in a small fraction of patients taking antiresorptive or antiangiogenic drugs for the treatment of certain bone pathologies.
More on Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology