Labcorp’s ATN Profile: A Game-Changer in Alzheimer’s Diagnosis
Labcorp has made a significant stride in the field of neurodegenerative diseases with the launch of its ATN Profile, a blood test that identifies and assesses biological changes associated with Alzheimer’s disease. This innovation is set to revolutionize the diagnostic process for Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative conditions.
HCN Medical Memo
This development is a significant step forward for healthcare professionals in the field of neurodegenerative diseases. The ATN Profile provides a quicker and more definitive identification of biological changes consistent with Alzheimer’s disease, enabling physicians to interpret biomarker changes more efficiently. This advancement could lead to improved patient care through earlier diagnosis and intervention.
- Labcorp’s ATN Profile test is now available in the United States.
- The test identifies and assesses changes in blood biomarkers associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- The ATN Profile includes tests for amyloid plaques (Aß42/40), tau tangles (pTau 181), and neurodegeneration (neurofilament light chain [NfL]), collectively referred to as ATN.
- The new method decreases the time for identifying AD-associated biological changes compared to the standard approach.
- Physicians can now order the ATN Profile, or the individual tests for its Aß42/40, pTau 181, and NfL components, from Labcorp.
“Labcorp’s ATN Profile provides easier identification of biological changes consistent with Alzheimer’s disease and offers the promise of an accelerated path to diagnosis.”
— Dr. Brian Caveney, Chief Medical and Scientific Officer of Labcorp
More on Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia