The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) is the nation’s premier dental journal-a reliable, peer-reviewed source of information on dentistry and dental science. Each monthly issue of JADA is available in print and online at jada.ada.org, which provides full-text articles as an added member benefit from the current issue as well as a searchable archive dating back to 1913.
Annual independent readership studies consistently rank JADA as the nation’s best-read dental journal. American Dental Association (ADA) members rank it as one of the most important benefits of membership.
• 1913: the ADA, then known as the National Dental Association, introduced the quarterly Official Bulletin of the National Dental Association;
• 1915: the Bulletin was renamed The Journal of the National Dental Association.
• 1917: The Journal became a monthly publication.
• 1939: The Journal adopted its current title, The Journal of the American Dental Association.
Through the decades, JADA has changed with the times and the shifting needs of its readers to continue to appeal to its primary audience: dentists in clinical practice. Each issue includes full-text articles on emerging research and in-depth reviews of cutting-edge clinical developments. JADA also provides editorials and features on ethical and practice issues that dentists encounter each day and covers updates on policies affecting dental practice.
What JADA Offers
Today’s JADA offers a wide range of information for ADA member dentists and readers around the world:
• peer-reviewed research on current and developing topics in dentistry;
• clinical information in such areas as diagnosis and disease management, biomaterials, pharmacology, cosmetic and esthetic dentistry, and general dental practice;
• reports on the evidence and practice guidelines help inform better patient care;
• future-focused analyses of emerging oral health trends in science, technology, and clinical care;
• views on the issues of the day;
• explorations of ethical, practice, oral health policy, and legal topics;
• a continuing education program.
JADA Continuing Education
Licensed U.S. dentists can earn up to three (3) continuing education credits each month through the JADA Online Continuing Education program.