Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc., is a medical publisher and the owner of Psychiatrist.com, home to 3 unique destinations for information.
To provide lifelong learning for clinicians by offering evidence-based, peer-reviewed scientific information about the diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health and neuropsychiatric disorders.
THE JOURNAL OF CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY
The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry (JCP), an international peer-reviewed journal, is the official publication of the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. Founded in 1939, JCP is the leading resource providing clinical information on mental health topics to psychiatrists and other medical professionals while exploring the newest advances in diagnosis and treatment. Disorders covered include depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety, addiction, posttraumatic stress disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. A variety of Continuing Medical Education activities are also offered through the CME Institute.
- Editor in Chief: Marlene P. Freeman, MD
- Editor in Chief profile
- Insights Video introduces JCP
- Sections and Section Editor Profiles
- Editorial Board
- Contact JCP Editorial Office
- Contact JCP Publications Manager regarding potential submissions and submissions under review
- Information for Authors
- Watch the Insights Video by Leslie Citrome, MD: Demystifying the Manuscript Submission Process
- Watch the Insights Video by Joseph F. Goldberg, MD: Applying a Diagnostic Approach to Peer Review
- Submit a Manuscript to JCP’s online submission system
- JCP Author Form
JCP is indexed by the National Library of Medicine and is printed 6 times per year, with new content published online weekly to bring readers the latest insights.
Manuscripts submitted should deal with the epidemiology, classification, and treatment of psychiatric disorders or development and validity of measurement instruments.
Types of manuscripts published include
- Original research
- Systematic reviews
- Case reports and series
- Commenting letters to the editor
JCP STATISTICS AND IMPACT INFORMATION
- Submission-to-first decision time (mean): 24 days
- Submission-to-acceptance time (mean): 4.4 months
- Average number of articles published/issue: 16
- Acceptance rate: 22%
- World’s most cited independent, indexed, clinical psychiatry journal
- Impact Factor: 4.4 (2021 Journal Citation Reports)
- Over 22,000 citations annually (2021 Journal Citation Reports)
- Over 33,000 readers of the print journal
- Electronic alerts (Elerts) sent to over 35,000 allied mental health professionals who have requested receipt of informational e-mails about our journals and Web CME activities
- Over 100,000 registered users of Psychiatrist.com
- Nearly 900,000 users per year with over 1.3 million visits at Psychiatrist.com (Google Analytics, June 2021)
- Over 20,000 followers on Facebook and over 28,000 followers on Twitter