The Journal of Clinical Investigation is a premier venue for discoveries in basic and clinical biomedical science that will advance the practice of medicine.
- Legacy. Founded in 1924 and published by the ASCI, a nonprofit honor organization of physician-scientists established in 1908.
- Impact Factor: 19.456 (2021). One of the top journals in the “Medicine, Research & Experimental” Web of Science category.
- Broad readership and scope. Readers across a wide range of medical disciplines and sectors; basic and phase I/II clinical research articles in all biomedical specialties, including Autoimmunity, Gastroenterology, Immunology, Metabolism, Nephrology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonology, Vascular Biology, and many others.
- Editorial Board. Includes academic editors with a broad range of expertise who are active researchers in their fields.
- Open access. All content freely available online from the moment of publication. While all articles are open access, those published in issues prior to January 4, 2022, may require permission for use; see License Information for details.
- Funding agency compliance. Meets cOAlition S requirements for authors who receive funding support from Plan S signatories and is fully compliant with Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), Wellcome, and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) open access policies, Deposits all content in PubMed Central, which satisfies the NIH Public Access Policy and other similar funding agency requirements.
- Preprint server and institutional repository posting. Authors are permitted to post manuscripts on bioRxiv and medRxiv, and to post the final published version of the manuscript in institutional repositories.